- +49 241/80 96188
- Send Email
Deutsche Post Chair - Optimization of Distribution Networks
Teaching and research at the Deutsche Post Chair - Optimization of Distribution Networks is devoted to the development of decision support systems for solving and analyzing planning problems in logistics and production, especially transportation, network design, location planning, warehouse management and workforce scheduling problems. The methodological focus lies on mathematical modeling, exact and heuristics optimization, and machine learning techniques. Our intensive collaboration with Deutsche Post DHL and other industry partners provides a strong application focus for many of our projects. We successfully publish our results in highly ranked international journals.
- You have a doctoral degree in Operations Research, or a related subject
- You have a Master degree or comparable
- You have a strong background in the implementation of operations research or machine learning methods
- You have strong programming skills and familiarity with a high-level language like Java or C++
- You are proficient in written and spoken English
- You are able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Participation in fascinating industry projects, especially with Deutsche Post DHL
- Active involvement in the research and teaching activities of the chair
- Opportunities and guidance that maximize your chances to build a rewarding research career
- The possibility of attending international scientific workshops and conferences
- An open atmosphere in a young and highly-motivated team
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a public servant.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and for two years.
This is a part-time position (75% of the standard weekly hours for full-time employees). Subject to funds availability, the position can be extended to full-time.
Applicants must have a doctorate/Ph.D. or equivalent.
The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a Family-Friendly University.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
|Mailing Address:||Deutsche Post Chair - Optimization of Distribution Networks|
Prof. Dr. Michael Schneider
Please note, however, that communication via unencrypted e-mail poses a threat to confidentiality as it is potentially vulnerable to unauthorized access by third parties.